Tuesday 15 November 2011

D Day tomorrow

Can' t wait for tomorrow but the enormity of this whole adventure is really kicking in. I had my first day back at work since I broke the news and it was tough but at the same time my friends & colleagues  were wonderful. Thanks to all of you for being so supportive at this horrendous time. My Mum came over for lunch which was wonderful and she was then able to meet many of the people who I work with.

I have been trying desperately hard to be strong for myself and all those around me and I am afraid that I did break down tonight but I needed to! Unfortunately Brian's sweater is very damp from all the tears but then he loves me very much and so he can cope with that! Anyway I have now pulled myself together and I wanted to thank those of you who have commented on my blog or sent me an email - they all mean so much to me. One of my friend's now also has me on green tea and watercress to get my immune system up so thank you Joy. I am back in the office tomorrow morning so Gina you can give me a good luck hug and I will continue to twinkle!

Brian and I will leave for Addenbrookes tomorrow after lunch and I hope we will be able to update tomorrow night if we are not too exhausted.  Love to you all. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    you did brilliantly at work yesterday - we were all so proud of you and will always be in amazement at what a strong lady you are.
    You will get through today, we are all supporting you and thinking about you, Brian and your family.
    good luck and stay strong
    lots of love Jen x x x

    ReplyDelete